Tuesday, August 4, 2015

God's Fireworks Display 8/4/015

Good Morning,

I started today with a prayer in my heart and a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.
Tomorrow I launch into a short term mission trip with a group of great folks. I can't wait.

Sunday night my grandson and I did a little storm chasing together. We jumped in the truck and recorded a lightning display that God provided for us. Last evening we both discussed what power God can unleash with just a thought.

We are both a couple of pretty tough guys, but we both knew Who held the power. The winds picked up and all of a sudden a Ford F250 pick up truck didn't feel so big. God painted the sky for several hours with flashes of brilliance and power. He turned the night into day with just a flash. We both saw His awesomeness in the lightning and thunder. We saw water spouts on the harbor and watched mighty trees bend. I know God knew that we were watching and recording a video. I think He lit it up a little more just to show us Who hung the moon.

Job 36:30-33
"Behold, He spreads His lightning about Him, And He covers the depths of the sea. "For by these He judges peoples; He gives food in abundance. "He covers His hands with the lightning, And commands it to strike the mark. "Its noise declares His presence;

For a short time God amazed and entertained us. But when it was all said and done, we knew we had just witnessed one more reason to believe in God.

Have a great day.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment