Monday, August 24, 2015

Be Not Afriad 8/24/2015

Good Morning,

Can I be so bold as to start this day with a big "you are loved"? Everyone needs to hear that from time to time. My cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee has been drained once already.

Yesterday a good friend of mine went on to be with the Lord. I have known her and her family for a long time. I visited them on Saturday at the hospital and we all knew it wouldn't be long. We all were well aware of her faith in Jesus Christ was strong and we rested in the fact that it would be Jesus ushering her into heaven soon. My friend was wheel chair bound for many years and had been staying in an assisted living center/nursing home for quite some time now. Her husband visited her daily. They are a perfect example of two unselfish people married for life.

As we plan her eulogy, she had requested a song "Be not afraid". On Saturday when I visited, although she was on life support, she seemed to be at peace. There wasn't a sign of fear in her or her husband. He knew where she was going and that she would be with our Lord soon. Although there was grieving, I did not see any fear. The Holy Spirit had given peace, and the promise of Jesus Christ was sufficient for these two. I stood in awe.

Deuteronomy 31:8New King James Version (NKJV)
And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”

My prayer for all of us is that when our time comes we will all embrace our leaving with peace from above, just like my two friends.

God bless,

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment