Sunday, August 23, 2015

Experiencing God 8/23/2015

Good Morning,

It must have rained a little last night. The cars show the evidence of some precipitation. We will take even a little bit to help this dry parched land. I pray for rain to drench the fires out West. They need it so badly.
My cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee tastes too goo to be true this morning.

Amos 3:7King James Version (KJV)
Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

About every three to four years I embark on a study adventure. Now friends I study quite a bit. And I cannot express enough the importance of continually, and faithfully reading God's Word. But many years ago, thanks to a mentor I began the task of going through a work book called Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. It is that time again for me. I will be studying through the book again. Any study book should lead you to study and read the Bible and this one does.

I am quoting from Blackaby " When God get's ready to do something, He reveals to a person or His people what He is going to do. God accomplishes His work through His people. This is the way God works with you. The Bible is designed to help you understand the ways of God . Then God starts to act in your life, you will recognize that it is God."

Unfortunately many people do not open God's word enough, and have no expectations to hear from Him, then they miss out on what He is doing. They cannot tell when God is speaking and many others believe He is speaking and go off on tangents, not of God because they have not learned to check directions against Scripture. This is evident from their facial expressions and comments they make.

I don't often make recommendations within my blog. But today is an exception. Get involved in a work book study that leads you to the Bible and how to understand it. And it will lead you to a deeper relationship with God. That is why I highly recommend Experiencing God by Blackaby.

Christians need to rejuvenate their lives and once again follow the Father and what He is doing so they can join in. Once you experience Him in a deeper way and you know it is God, you will want more.

Have a great day. When does your study begin?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment