Friday, August 14, 2015

The State Fair 8/14/2015

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to everyone. This day started with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and some Tylenol.

I had the pleasure of meeting my grandson and Rene at the Wisconsin State Fair yesterday after work. After eating a cream puff and some fried cheese curds we headed to the midway for some carnival rides. Up until then it was a perfect day. We purchased some tickets  and proceeded to stand in line for one crazy ride. In my younger days, a thousand years ago I could ride these things with the best of them. Eventually we got on to the ride. It was fast, went in circles, up and down and all around. Needless to say, my cream puff tried to reform itself within my mouth several times. I was spun, shook up and tossed about. Now I am sore.

Ecclesiastes 9:11   
 
I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise nor wealth to the discerning nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them all.
No matter what I want or how hard I try, age seems to creep up closer each day. So I decided to accept it and will have to acknowledge it. You see, I can't stop it. But I can still enjoy things but in a little more moderation.

So don't go overboard this weekend with activities. Slow down and spend time with the Lord. You never get too old or tired for that.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment