Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cool Breezes And Reflections 8/20/2015

Good Morning,

The last 48 hours have been packed with intensity and God at work in hearts and lives. My coffee this morning is a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler.

We have been in the middle of some very hot weather for this part of the country. Last night a cold front went through and the temperatures went down quickly. I saw people wearing jackets. I had a clove spiced ham in the oven when I decide to study. I went upstairs to my den and the baking ham smelled so nice but the house was getting a little warm. I opened up several windows and a cool breeze came through each one. The air was fresh and the breeze felt so nice. I took time to reflect on what God was doing these last couple of days and also what a nice spring and summer He has given Rene and me.      

  Amos 4:13                 

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind And declares to man what are His thoughts, He who makes dawn into darkness And treads on the high places of the earth, The LORD God of hosts is His name.

The breeze took me back to the fresh lilacs that are a memory now. The apple blossoms are now apples. The lavender is drying now and will be used to freshen up rooms this winter. I thought about the tiki torches and long talks with our grandson while we drank Kool Aide. Many, many thoughts and memories went through my mind. I was refreshed.

Soon we will head into the fall and I am looking forward to that. Duck season, football, Thanksgiving and pheasants will be on there way. But I had to stop for a moment and be thankful for what we experienced and how we experienced God in the highs and the lows.

Friends we all need to do that from time to time. Let the breeze rub your face, dry your tears, cool you off and then remember Who made the breeze and knew who would be sitting right where you are.
It causes you to feel like even in this big, big world you matter. You matter to God!

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment