Saturday, July 18, 2015

Words Aren't Always Needed 7/18/2015

Good Morning,

Drinking a little Door County White Christmas Coffee to start the day, then it's off to two ministry events. Definitely a lot busier that I wanted to be. Some how with the scheduling we packed two into one day.



This week my good buddy lost his mother to a stroke. Normally he is with me for these two events and can't be today. It is totally understandable. We do a lot of things together especially in ministry. No one works harder than him. Sometimes even when things aren't going right we can encourage each other and keep moving. Last night I visited my friend and there was hurt in his eyes. He bears up very well and is as tough as nails. We didn't say much to each other but we definitely knew what each of us was thinking. No matter what we were going to say, it was understood that I hurt with him.

Proverbs 18:24New King James Version (NKJV)
24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother

As many are preparing for a clay target shooting event this morning, and fireworks tonight, my mind is on the one who hurts and to be truthful, my mind is miles away. I know his prayers are with me and he knows my prayers are with him. To be honest I would rather be drinking coffee with him and munching on some pastry than doing all the activities of this morning. But my friend would push me on and I would do the same for him. He would expect me to move ahead with these events. Tonight will be a first in many years that we are not serving together. I know exactly what he would say to me. I pasted the verse below.

Luke 9:62New King James Version (NKJV)
62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”


So have a day that honors God despite circumstances.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment