Friday, July 10, 2015

Sad Movies Always Make Me Cry 7/10/2015

Good Morning,

I want to give a shout out for the upcoming weekend. Woot woot! Rene and I will be partaking in some Bastille Days Festivities in Down Town Milwaukee. Then in just a couple of weeks Festa Italiana comes to town. Lots to look forward to. My Friday cup of coffee is Door County Red Velvet Mocha.

Colossians 3:12New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.



One of the things I love about my wife is her compassion and heart for the hurting. We can't watch a sad movie without her eyes filling with tears. On the other hand she also cries when watching a war veteran come home and reunite with their family. She tears up when a new puppy comes home to live with us or when she has to say the final goodbye to our faithful pet.

As for me I subscribe to the theory that "real men don't cry". I can watch a real sad movie or be touched by a beautiful story without crying. What saves me from crying is how my convenient hay fever allergy kicks in and so the only tears I shed are from allergies. Real men don't cry. They have hay fever attacks.

A young man asked me this week what originally attracted me to my wife. I replied that I witnessed in her a lot of compassion for people. We used to work together at the hospital and many times I saw her hold a patients hand who was scared or worried.

Then we went to see a movie and it was somewhat sad. I saw a tear roll down her face during the saddest part.  No don't get me wrong, she can be as tough as nails. But she has compassion and that is what attracted me to her and still does.

How would you rate yourself in the compassion area? Does your compassion move you to tears and then action? When we become aware of a need that we can assist with Rene is usually the first to do something about it.

Young men, if you are looking for wife material, look for one with compassion.

Have a beautiful day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment