Thursday, July 23, 2015

Flowers, A Painting For The Soul 7/23/2015

Good Morning,

I started this day with ambitious thoughts. I hope it stays that way. My coffee is Door County Jamaican Me Crazy. I hope that doesn't describe the day.



When I came home last night I saw Rene weeding her flower garden and sniffing a few blossoms. I laughed a little when I opened the car door. She greeted me and said that when the flowers are in full bloom she actually sees the handiwork of God in their beauty. I knew right then, there would be a message in that statement somewhere for this blog. She continued to say that she wondered how after seeing beautiful flowers, anyone could deny the existence of God.

Acts 14:17 “Yet he did not leave himself without witness, for he did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”

God reigns supreme over all of His creation and yet those who live in willful disobedience refuse to repent and trust in Him.  He has the power of life and death
(Ecclesiastes 8:8) and knows the day that we’ll die (Hebrews 9:27).  Since you are still drawing breath, He is giving you time to repent and trust in Him because “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance” (2 Peter 3:9) so while there is still yet time, come to Him for eternal life (John 3:16) or regret your impenitence forever (Revelation 20:12-15).

Rene doesn't say much, but when she does it pays for me to listen. She spoke a lot of wisdom last night. The least I could do is pass it on.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment