Friday, July 24, 2015

Very Important Visit 7/24/2015

Good Morning,

No work for me today. I am off to the gym for a swim and then downing a big cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Today I will be at the airport picking up our Grandson who will be visiting for a few weeks.

Colossians 3:23New International Version (NIV)
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

We have tried a few adventures in his short life but we will be embarking on perhaps our most important one together in a week from now. We will be going together on a short term mission trip with a team from our church. I called our daughter last night to go over some arrival details and I was quite tired. She reminded me to get rest and not feel obligated to entertain the teenage grandson to the point that I am exhausted. LOL.

I am resting up now because I plan on giving this short trip my all. I want to be exhausted from performing the Lord's work, helping others, leading the team, and setting a good example for the younger ones. If I end up beat, sore and tired,  I will say mission accomplished. If any of these kids decides to go on to more of these trips, I will say mission accomplished. If we change the course of eternal destiny or plant the seed for even one person, I will say mission accomplished.


Get some rest, I think you all need it. I know I will, and I will be happy!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment