Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Apple Of His Eye 7/9/2015

Good Morning,

There is nothing like waking up to smell the Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee brewing like an old steam locomotive in the coffee pot. The house smells great, there is a little spring in my step after a good night of rest and I believe there is a smile on the dog!

Psalm 17:6-9

I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.
Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
O You who save those who trust in You
From those who rise up against them.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
From the wicked who oppress me,
From my deadly enemies who surround me


Have you ever thought of yourself as the "apple of God's eye"? Probably not. But God sees you that way. Like a mother who runs to the crib at the first sound of a baby throwing up, God dotes on us and is willing to carry us through life's battles. How do I know that He dotes on us.? He desires to spend eternity with each of us. He sent His son Jesus to pay our way through the atonement of our sins, with His death, burial, and resurrection. Now that's real love. A love that desires for it to last forever.

That makes me smile and be humble at the same time, knowing that I am loved enough, that someone died for me. If that isn't love than the world isn't round and the oceans all are dry.

So go out and face the day with the assurance that you are loved beyond measure.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment