Wednesday, July 29, 2015

When The Phone Is Dead 7/29/2015

Good Morning,

My cup is filled with Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee today. I need a chocolate flavor today to appease my flavor buds.

Yesterday I called home just to find out that there was an issue with our phone service. I won't mention the name of the internet and telephone provider. Our service was disconnected due to a mistake that they admitted to being their fault. Worse yet, we lost our phone number and will now be given a new one on Friday. No phone, television, or home internet, until Friday afternoon.

What we did notice however is that we did not receive any annoying telemarketer calls. We did not have the ability to watch television so we did other things. I might find out that we just don't need the services this company provides.

James 1:2-8

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[ whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

What began as a hassle just might be a blessing in disguise. This is all happening as we prepare for a short term mission trip. It seems as if Satan is trying to discourage our team.  This experience of talking on the automated customer service located somewhere in the world has taught me patience through trials.

Well off to work. Don't call me, I'll call you. LOL

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment