Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Custard And Missionaries 7/28/2015

Good Morning,

The old cup is filled with Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend and I am glad that it is. I am happy to be alive and hoping this day goes better than expected.

Our short term mission trip will be underway next week. Last night we held our last fund raising event at a local frozen custard business. We received a percentage of the profits for three hours. And to be very honest all we had to do was to promote the night, wipe some tables and deliver some food.

Many people from our church came and ate their supper or desserts there. We were also supported by the Christian Motorcycle Association local chapter.

It was great to see all these people support the cause of helping and underfunded senior assisted living home, where no one is turned away regardless of their ability to pay or not. I am not aware of how much money was made for the cause, but I know this. at 7:48PM everything in that crowded emporium stopped, while a few gathered around our team and prayed.  It is a scene I will never forget! No one was ashamed or shy in the public arena to be a Christian.

Romans 1:16New King James Version (NKJV)

The Just Live by Faith

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Have a great day. Last night made my day yesterday, and today.

God bless,
Marty


2 comments:

  1. Marty, This really hit home this week for me. I am a counselor for our youth mission this week. What a great way to spend some quality time with our future leaders in serving, helping and sharing time with others. As it turns out we benefit just as much as to those who we are helping.

    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nice job Paul! I will continue to pray for you,

      Delete