Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Time For Root Beer Floats 7/7/2015

Good Morning,

I did not make it home from work until pretty late last night. I missed the best part of my day. I did not get a to spend anytime with the Mrs. She was in bed and asleep when I made it home from work.
So all being said, I am in pretty good shape for considering how long the day was.  I will coffee up with some Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch and set my sights on another day.



When I was in high school one of my favorite places to hang out was at the local root beer stand. They still had car hops that waited on us as we sat in our hot rods looking cool. I think I liked that place the best because of one particular cute car hop who delivered a mean root beer float. But that subject is best left in the pages of my dull memory bank.

When Rene and I are vacationing or just plain old spending time together we will often stop for ice cream and I will usually order a root beer float. She has a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with pecans. We talk and make plans for the day or the next day. The time is spent talking and enjoying each other's company.

Whenever I notice that we seem to be short tempered with each other and the stress of living with me gets the best of her, I know it is time for ice cream. The beginning of a conflict is a cue to slow down, relax, and admit that whatever was going wrong is just not worth getting stressed about. Time outs work not only with children but even better with adults.

Proverbs 27:9
“The heartfelt counsel of a friend
is as sweet as perfume and incense.”


I believe if adults would take a time out sit down to ice cream and talk things over we would solve half of the world's conflicts.

Are you having issues with someone else? Take a time out and just plan a time of fellowship together. You might find that whatever the issue was, isn't really an issue.

Have an ice cream kind of day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment