Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Fighting The Fight 7/15/2015

Good Morning,

Have you ever woke up and felt like you haven't slept, even though you did?  My cup is filled with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. It's on days like those that the coffee not only tastes good but is medicinal.




2 Timothy 4:7New King James Version (NKJV)
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I have often studied the passage above and wondered how it applied . What is a good fight? I have been in a few physical fights in my day and a few spiritual battles also. But what makes it a good fight?
A good fighter does not know the words "I quit". A good fighter knows that a fight will probably hurt but yet sees a need to go and fight. A good fighter knows how to protect himself to avoid cheap shots that can cripple. A good fighter prepares for the fight. A good fighter never underestimates his opponent. A good fighter can take a hit and get back up swinging.

I finished the race. In order to run in a race a person needs to know the rules. In order to not be disqualified the runner must follow the rules all the way, right to the finish line.

I kept the faith. The runner/fighter knows God loves him or her so much that He sent His Only Son to die for him or her. That faith in Jesus Christ as Savior carries the fighter/runner to the end. It is this faith that pushes many to persevere despite circumstances.

Are you in the fight? Are you running the race? Are you keeping the faith? If not, you are probably just on the sidelines cheering for others or taking shots at those who passed you by.

Run, fight and keep the faith.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment