Monday, August 18, 2014

Corn Soup 8/18/2014

Good Morning,

Monday already? Where did the weekend go? My coffee is hot and tasty. I filled my cup with one of my favorite flavors from the Door county Coffee Company. Cherry Crème will gat me ready to face the day!

Last night I started preparing supper for tonight. I do 99% of the cooking and I like to have a meal for Rene even if I can't be there. Tonight is one of those nights. I will be running very late.

The menu is mock chicken legs, macaroni and cheese, and creamed corn. As I was trying to put together some of her favorites and I pulled a can of creamed corn from the cupboard my mind went on a journey back in time.

Many years ago when our daughter Kristy was very little and we were preparing supper one night she kept telling my mother that she wanted corn soup. Now three year olds usually have a language all there own but this one had us stumped. My mother was showing her all kinds of canned soup and Kristy kept saying no "I want corn soup". Finally we stood her at the shelf and told her to show us corn soup. She happily pulled out a can of creamed corn. We were bested by a three year old. Each time I open a can of creamed corn I think about that day. I have many fond memories but that one stands out for whatever reason.

Our Father God in Heaven has fond memories of us too. God would probably be one of those Little League Parents that gets all excited and does the one person wave when their kid gets a hit. Jumping up and down cheering for you and me. After all He is our Father. Dad's and Mom's are the best cheerleaders.

So today when you are out in the middle of life. Know that God is watching and cheering you on. His thoughts are on you!

Psalms 139:13-18
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment