Friday, August 15, 2014

Get Up And Leave 8/15/2014

Good Morning.
Friday has returned and so has my ability to have a cup of coffee. This morning my cup is filled with Hawaiian Hazelnut from the Door County Coffee Company. I am enjoying this one right to the door and on to the highway.

Genesis 12 The Message (MSG)

Abram and Sarai

12 God told Abram: “Leave your country, your family, and your father’s home for a land that I will show you.
2-3 I’ll make you a great nation
        and bless you.
    I’ll make you famous;
        you’ll be a blessing.
    I’ll bless those who bless you;
        those who curse you I’ll curse.
    All the families of the Earth
        will be blessed through you.”
4-6 So Abram left just as God said, and Lot left with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran. Abram took his wife Sarai and his nephew Lot with him, along with all the possessions and people they had gotten in Haran, and set out for the land of Canaan and arrived safe and sound.
 
Wow "get up and leave". Abraham exhibited a lot of faith and trust in God. We see him pack up his family and possessions for a land to be shown to him. Can we all for a minute imagine God asking us to do that? What would your response be? I wonder collectively how many excuses we would come up with for not going?
 
I believe that churches today filled with bored Christians are that way because somewhere along the way they did not answer the call. They could not trust God for that next step that might take them out of their comfort zone. It's time for all of us to answer the call and take a leap of faith and say yes the next time God calls us to move, or serve in another way or for the first time.
 
Bored with your faith. Maybe so. But have you thought? Your faith is bored with you?
 
Have a great weekend.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment