Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Super Glue and Fingers 8/6/2014

Good Morning,

This day promises to be a long one and will lead into the next two days that will also be long work days. I am looking forward to the weekend with big expectations. I plan on spending some great time with Rene. We are both off from work. My coffee this morning is Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut.

Last night I was completing an antique refinishing project and I needed to use a little super glue. That stuff works great. But I am not really fond of using it. Like always I got a good portion of the glue on my fingers. I am still peeling off glue this morning. That glue sticks like welding rod to metal. Even though most of it is gone today you can still see where it was on my fingers.

I kind of relate super glue to bad habits (sin). They often leave residue that you just can't get rid of, just like super glue on your fingers.  Jesus washes us clean from our sins yet the consequences often remain. Only when we stand before God washed by the blood of Jesus will we be free from all Earthly residue.

It's nice to know that our Savior can remove the glue that we can't.

Psalm 51:7New King James Version (NKJV)
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
 
 

1 John 1:9        
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
 
Have a great day. Stay unglued.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment