Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Not Much To Say 8/27/2014

Good Morning,

My coffee this morning is Door County Apple Cobbler. It is early and yesterday was a long day. So my eyes are a little heavy as I grab my cup and head out the door.

I was able to catch some of the world news last night. I can't begin to figure out all the hatred around the world. I think if we were all able to sit down and meet a person from a country that doesn't agree with yours or mine and have a cup of coffee we would see that the other person is just another person. A person who wants to work, raise a family, and just eat dinner. There really is no reason to hate.

So today I will keep my oration short and let God say what needs to be said.

Luke 6:27-36New King James Version (NKJV)

Love Your Enemies

27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Wow that was a mouthful. I think the whole world could and should learn from this passage.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment