Thursday, August 21, 2014

Popcorn In The Park 8/21/2014

Good Morning,

Thursday and I can see Friday just over the top of my glasses. I am patiently waiting for my fall supply of Door County Coffee to arrive. So today the last of my summer flavors will be brewed. The mug is filled with Peanut Butter Crunch. I just might have two cups quickly.

Yesterday was one of those kind of work days that you hope for and cherish until the next crisis interrupts all the peace. I was blessed to return to Sheboygan Wisconsin and complete an inspection process on some work we had completed earlier in the year. I am happy to say that the inspection went perfect. The inspector was pleased but not as much as I was.

The inspection was just a formality. What was nice was the weather, the scenery as I traveled North, and then seeing friends that I have not seen in a few months. The project is complete and I doubt that I will get up there in the future very much if at all. We worked together on this project for many months. The group in Sheboygan works there all the time. They are the homies! I was on loan to assist in the project. One of the benefits was meeting new people and letting relationships develop. The project was tough but every new friend was worth the stress and long hours. Best of all, I never felt like "the guy from Milwaukee". They all made me feel at home throughout the year.

So yesterday was like a homecoming for me. On my return to Milwaukee I drove past a park in downtown Sheboygan. The farmers were in the park selling their goods. Wow an open air market. I had to stop. The I spied the popcorn wagon. I knew some fresh popcorn and a cold Coke were just what the ride home needed. This would be the topping on a great day.

I ordered a bag of popcorn and a coke. It was as good as I thought it would be. I walked through the park watching the farmers sell there goods. The sun was shining and the shady walk was just great. Someone was playing a guitar in the middle of all this sending out soft music. So just for a little while there wasn't any inspectors, due dates, stress, no Middle East Crisis, no murders, no civil unrest to be heard of, no earthquakes, no suicides or other world calamities or personal worries.  I know that the world did not stop, but for me it just seemed that way for about 30 minutes. I was in the place that Psalm 23 speaks of.

Psalm 23
The Divine Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;a
3 he restores my soul.b
He leads me in right pathsc
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,d
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff—
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surelye goodness and mercyf shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.

God bless.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment