Monday, August 4, 2014

Golf and God 8/4/2014

Good Morning,

Back to work after a nice weekend. It just makes you look forward to the next weekend even more. My coffee this morning is Door County German Chocolate Cake.

We do have a few golf courses in our area. There are some that are fairly cheap to play and easy to golf and a couple more a little higher on the expense chart and more difficult to play. However all of them are extremely busy, especially when the weather is as nice as it has been. I am not much of a golfer but have been known to get out there and try. My wife is a much better golfer than I am. She can hit the ball straight. On the other hand I can drive the ball further, but I have no clue where it will go. I spend a lot of time looking for a ball I will never find.

By driving the ball straight my wife golfs under control and has the green in sight. She golfs toward the goal. I smack that ball and hope for the best.

How does that relate to God? Well, we need a disciplined approach to our relationship with God. It needs to be consistent, not erratic. I spend way too much time in the sand traps or water while golfing. Most of the time I cannot golf my way out. People try anything that appeals to them as a better way to reach God. They run from fad to fad instead of being consistent with what we know works for sure. Bible time, prayer time, service time and obedient worship time  are the four best ways to stay consistent. This is the way to stay straight on your God Walk.

Colossians 2:8    
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment