Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stuck In A Tree 8/14/2014

Good Morning,

Part two of a lab test fast. NO COFFEE!!!!!!!! Argh! I would be drinking a big cup of Door County Cherry Crème this morning. Can't wait for tomorrow. I promised a picture of the refinished cabinet when completed.



Yesterday morning while training our dog Gibbs before work, I accidentally tossed one of his training dummies into our large birch tree where it rested on high. Our elderly neighbors who always watch the dog and me were quite amused. So after work last night I started the process of removing the training implement from the tree. The hose with high water pressure did not reach the orange irritation at all. So on a ladder I went with the hose. All this did was cause me to get soaked and amused the neighbors a little more. The orange prize still remained tightly stuck. It now seemed as if Gibbs was watching me and he was amused also. I quickly devised another plan that any man would have been proud of. Duct taping a piece of pipe to my old flag pole and swinging at the orange training dummy with all my might. Second plan not so good either. The pipe fell off and almost hit the dog who then went inside and refused to come out anymore.

I needed plan three. My wife kind of chuckled at my plight and said "you better pray through this one".  Don't tell her but I was testing her while amusing the neighborhood to see if she would advise me to pray.

So I prayed and to be honest it was just a few moments later that I remembered that I owned a retractable decoy retriever. It is a retractable pole that reaches about  25 feet and has a hook on the end. I had that baby out and extended it out and then up. Before I could say "Hey Neighbor" that dummy was out of the tree and Gibbs was willing to come back outside.

Proverbs 16:9        
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

The key here is to consult with God on everything. His plans are always better than ours. I did wonder why God just didn't give me the idea without praying. I guess He enjoyed the comical entertainment too.

I would like to give a shout out to a missionary friend Kat Armas. She has started to blog her experiences. This young lady has a heart for Jesus and her writing is awesome. Check her stories out @ katarmas.wordpress.com

God bless,
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment