Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day Dreaming 8/7/2014

Good Morning,

My coffee this morning is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch. I really enjoy this one, but I am still looking forward to the fall flavors. Come on Maple!

Have you ever just kind of started day dreaming and had your mind take you far away to a place in your memory? That happens for me now and then. I either find myself remembering a mission trip and the people I met or served with or I am in a duck marsh with my boat, dog and a buddy.

I do also wonder what heaven will be like. As I get older I think about it more frequently. What will it be like? Who will I see? I guess that is a day dream that does not pay justice to heaven. All of my other thoughts are of things or people I have already seen. Heaven will be a new experience for me some day. But what an experience to look forward to!

Here are some verses on heaven. Read and dream! Enjoy.

Revelation 21:1 (NASB)
The New Heaven and Earth
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Revelation 21:3-4 (ESV)
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

Revelation 21:6 (KJV)
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.  Revelation 21:18-19 (NASB)
The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone...

Revelation 21:21 (ESV)
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Revelation 21:22-25 (KJV)
And I saw no temple therein:for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day:for there shall be no night there. Revelation 22:1-3 (ESV)
The River of Life - The Tree of Life
1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.

Revelation 22:5 (KJV)
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light:and they shall reign for ever and ever.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment