Friday, August 29, 2014

When Sleep Escapes You. 8/29/2014

Good Morning,

Friday has arrived and I am all in for that. My coffee this morning is Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut. I wish today would have afforded me another half hour of sleep.

Have you ever just had one of those nights when you are so tired your eye lids actually hurt, yet you can't sleep? Your mind goes from topic to topic. Some of the topics aren't even worth losing a minute of sleep over yet they toss through your head like dirty laundry in a washing machine.

Now and then I have nights like that. I have found a couple of things that help me fall asleep.

1. I claim the promise that whatever is bothering me isn't supposed to keep me awake.

Psalm 127 New King James Version (NKJV)

Laboring and Prospering with the Lord

A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.

127 Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.

2. I go outside no matter what the time is for some fresh air and then I pray while outside.

Acts 16:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there.

The fresh air and asking God to help me sleep or if there is anyone who needs prayer starts the process of helping my mind o slow down and hear from God in prayer. I-

3. I then go and read my Bible. This helps me spend time with our Heavenly Father. Time with Dad helps to reassure me that whatever is on my mind is nothing compared to God's thoughts. This lets me know that where I am located at His feet is where I need to be. And like Grandmas house I am more content and relaxed knowing that God is in charge and desires that I sleep.

Usually I fall asleep in the arms of love and comfort that only God can provide shortly after I give my issues to the Shepherd. He leads me like a sheep to lay down and rest.

So don't go without sleep. It is not how God made us. He made us to need rest. And rest is what He desires for us.

God bless,
Rest often!
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment