Thursday, August 28, 2014

Relationship Troubles 8/28/2014

Good Morning.

The coffee choice today is Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut. My mind was wandering a lot yesterday. I had a hard time focusing on work and my studies. I hope today is better in that category. Sometimes it is hard to harness the brain.

I listened to a friend last night as he was describing some family issues to me. I promised I would pray and seek some wisdom and understanding from God and then we could put our heads together today and see how to tackle the troubles.

So like all good duck hunters I headed to the garage to work on my boat. I started to touch up the paint on my duck skiff and as I was painting I was praying. I knew God wanted me to turn on my radio. I kind of ignored the urge once, but the second time I knew what He wanted me to hear would be missed if I did not move immediately.

Once the radio was on and I tuned into my favorite Christian station I heard the voice of a popular teacher. This guy is old school like me. He was talking about relationship issues. But he was not speaking about relationships between people. He was talking about our relationship with God.
There was the answer. The issues with the family seem worldly, and they are. But the answer is that the relationship with God is not good. There seems to be no desire to grow closer to God.

The cure for this issue is a wholesale sellout to conform to God's standards because of love for God.

The psalmist clearly writes about what needs to be done to increase our love for God and increase the intimacy of our relationship with Him.

Psalm 119:1-11New King James Version (NKJV)

Meditations on the Excellencies of the Word of God

א Aleph

119 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!
They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.
You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.
Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.  Here is the problem. His ways are not directed by God. No trust in God as well as no love.

I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgments. Time needs to be spent in the Word.
I will keep Your statutes;
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

ב Beth

How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word. Must obey God's word out of love and respect.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Time to make a true choice.
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, Acknowledge these life choices are sin.  
That I might not sin against You   Read and memorize Scripture to fight off temptation.
 
The answer to relationship and family issues is directly related to an individual's relationship with God. The answer as to how to deal with these issues is to first start with, "where are you in your relationship to God.?" Has the ever been one secured through Jesus Christ? Start with the basics before trying to clean up a mess on your own. Only God can change the mess of a stubborn will or an un-repented spirit.
 
I hope this helps folks. When in doubt take time to pray and seek God for wisdom. Seek the answers within scripture. They are always there. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to the correct verse. He knows all of them and exactly where they are.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment