Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The First Christmas Decoration. The Nativity 11/29/2022

 Good Morning,

I will be on the road very soon and it is earlier than normal. I am praying that the weather supports my travel as I head North. The travel mug will be filled with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Time to write. 

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

The day after Thanksgiving, my wife Rene began decorating the house for the house for Christmas. The first thing to come out of the box was our Nativity set. This set was given to us by coworkers for our wedding. So it is a true antique and is always set out first. It sets the tone for the season as were are reminded how Jesus entered the world as a baby. I also spend a little time being thankful for friends that purchased such a thoughtful gift. 

It's funny how just seeing that set puts me in a Christmas kind of mood. It makes me want to send out a few Christmas cards. I will admit that between the two of us, I am the one who plays the Christmas music on the radio. But when I think about King who left heaven to come to this world, I ask myself this question. Who am I that He would do so for me and you? 

When you look at it that way, it puts the correct spin on the Christmas story. Our King left heaven to bleed and die for me and you. Keep on decorating, but remember just who gave you a reason to celebrate Christmas. 

Marty

2 comments: