Friday, November 18, 2022

Don't Bore Them 11/18/2022

 Good Morning,

I will be heading out later this morning to hunt some pheasants with a good friend of mine and his brother. So I need to coffee up with some Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. It is time to write. 

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong, Let all you do be done in love. 


You have heard the expression "Boys Will Be Boys" . I truly believe in that statement and I am all for it. Yet we have many who would rather have the boys behave more and be gentle. Nothing wrong with behaving. There is no doubt that if you set 5 boys at a table with art supplies and tell them to make a lamb by gluing cotton balls together on to a paper plate and then leave them alone in the room, they might stack all the chairs on to the table and try to touch the ceiling. That's what boys do. They like to live for adventure and will be bored with life that does not take them to adventure and challenges. 

I am all for good behavior and minding your elders, but not at the cost of emasculating the boys. You might be saying right now that I just am an old grumpy man. This would be true. But I also believe boys should be allowed to be boys and curriculum should foster time for them to be boys. 

Food for thought!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment