Sunday, November 6, 2022

Changing The Time On The Clocks11/6/2022

 Good Morning,

My mug is filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and I am ready to write. 

Last night we were supposed to turn our clocks back an hour to abide with Daylight Savings Time. This  has always been my wife's job ever since we were first married. She reminds me that the smoke detectors and fire alarms need to be checked at this time of year also.Well guess who remembered to check the smoke and fire equipment? I completed my chore. (We relpaced them not long ago) Guess who forgot to set back the clocks? Guess who is writing to you an hour earlier than planned?

Ephesians 4;32 Be kind and tender hearted to one another, forgiving one another just as in Christ, God forgave you. 


So to be perfectly clear here. I didn't throw my wife Rene under the bus this morning. I have reset most of our clocks already while she sleeps. The other half can wait so she can fulfill her chore. 

My point for today is this. That little mistake is not worth going to war over. It was a mistake that I am sure other people will experience today. No harm was done except to lose some sleep. I have lost more sleep just watching some reume television show that I deemed more important than resting my body. 

I have found that overlooking the small things and not making a big deal out of them makes it easier to navigate through bigger mistakes. Admitting were are human and not perfect, can make it easier to extend a little grace, when somone messes up. 

I look at it this way. I was able to drink a cup of some delicious coffee an hour earlier. I wasn't late for anything. So I chaulk it up as being food for thought,

Anyone else forget to reset the clocks?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment