Saturday, November 26, 2022

Hunting With A Buddy. 11/26/2022

 Good Morning,

This fine day will find me in the woods in search of white tail deer.

I will be hunting with my buddy and I am sure we will be somewhat serious about hunting , but not all that serious. We will be happy if something comes our way and we harvest it, but not all that disappointed if it doesn't. 

The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 



I will be taking some sandwiches along and a hot bottle of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. The other thing that will be traveling with me is a large vault of memories in my head. I will be taking all the deer hunting memories good and bad with me from several decades. Things I learned from my dad, grandpa, uncles, cousins and friends will be going through my head like a movie in review. 

One thing they taught me was to enjoy the day, the minute and the moment. Take it all in. Everything from the weather, the squirrels, rabbits, cardinals and blue jays as well as any dear should be treated as a gift. A view given to you by God to be cherished and enjoyed. And if by chance you are hunting with a relative or friend, enjoy their good company. There might be only two of us hunting today, but I will be taking a whole bunch of folks along with me in my head. 

So if today is a day that you have something planned with family or friends, make sure to go. The memories last a lifetime.

Marty



1 comment:

  1. When the opening day of deer season rolls around in Wisconsin it brings to my mind the trip to the north woods on that sad day in 1963.

    ReplyDelete