Saturday, November 12, 2022

Just A look Outside The Window. 11/12/2022

 Good Morning,

My day started very early this morning and I will be writing about it tomorrow. I will be enjoying a road cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee this fine day and now it is time to write. 

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these, my brothers and sisters, You di unto me.'


Yesterday while writing and studying I could not help but watch the sunrise come up on the Eastern horizon. Just when there was enough sun to call it daylight I happened to look out again and the crab apple tree just outside my window had a beautiful red cardinal perched on a branch.  I did not have my phone handy so a photo did not happen. It would have been a great picture. 

So today I have only the memory of that scene in my mind. The memory is a good one and it reminds me that I haven't put out the winter bird feeder yet. I will watch for that cardinal throughout the winter. 

My point it this. for some reason that cardinal was outside our window and it was enjoyable to watch. It served as a reminder that winter is soon upon us. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there are many food drives taking place to feed the homeless and less fortunate. One grocery store that I patronize makes it easy to contribute food. You purchase a non perishable item and place it in a barrel. Rene and I have elected to support a local rescue mission. 

Many years ago when I was a child we were the recipients of groceries donated by an organization to our family. Times were tough then and now it is time to pay back and be conscious of how we have been blessed. So if you have some extra, consider being a blessing to those who don't. God bless. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment