Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bracing For Snow. 11/15/2022

 Good Morning,

I can only let you imagine how good my mug of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee tastes this morning. I have said it many times. I would love to sit down for a cup of Door County Coffee, some Nueskes Bacon, with eggs over easy, and two small biscuits with all who read this. I know it can't happen, but it is a nice dream. 

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences, 

Last night the weather forecast let us know that we are to expect some snow this morning and early this afternoon. My wife Rene and I both made sure the proper equipment for winter was in both of our vehicles. I placed an insulated bottle on the countertop to be filled before I head out to work with some hot coffee. It is my best bottle and it has kept liquids warm for 24 hours. If I would end up in a ditch, I have some hot coffee to tide me over. The forecast doesn't call for a lot of snow, but you need to be prepared for slippery roads and for those people who forget how to drive in snowy weather. Proper footwear, and warm clothing are a must. Some water and small candy bars work to wait out a storm. Plan ahead and allow enough time to travel safely.

I am one who always like to be prepared for changing seasons or storms that come along. We are good to go in our home for several days if not weeks if we had to. Now don't go off of the deep end on me here. We are not two survivalists that are ready to face the apocalypse head on and beat it to death. It is just good to be prepared to make it for a few days without having to struggle. 

God tells us to be prepared. Are you?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment