Saturday, November 19, 2022

A Morning By The Fire 11/19/2022

 Good Morning,

I am embracing the start of this day with a hot mug of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee, prayer and quiet. The fireplace has a small fire in it and it is doing a great job of taking the chill out of the house.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another. The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 



I hunted pheasants yesterday with a little success and I will be hunting geese tomorrow morning. In years past I would have been up north somewhere walking out to hunt deer. Today is the first day of deer season in Wisconsin. I will hunt for deer  next weekend when there are less hunters in the woods. The thrill of opening day just isn't there for me anymore. 

I do have some work from my part time job that needs to be done today. So it will be nice to keep the fire going while I work in front of the fireplace. Some of my friends and family will be out there pounding the brush or sitting up in trees today stalking those great white tails. 

So while working and waiting on a photo or two to hit Facebook or a text is sent to my phone, I will remember the old days of being up at 4:am eating a granola bar or two and heading out in the dark dressed like a pumpkin hoping to bring home some venison. 

The one thing those friends and family will get from me today is prayer for safety and for success. I will be their biggest cheer leader. So whether you have friends or family venturing out today for work, hunting, or anything else. Cover them in prayer. Ask God to smile upon them and provide for them. They will never know that they were prayed for but you will. And so will God. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment