Friday, November 4, 2022

Going To Church? Going To A Dump? 11/4/2022

 Good Morning,

An aroma is coming from the kitchen as I write this morning. I am looking forward to that first cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and then possibly a second one.

Mark 11:25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive if you have anything against anyone. so that your Father who is also in heaven, may forgive you your trespasses. 


I had a yard full of fallen leaves that were stairing me in the face all week.  Yesterday I tackled the chore of raking the yard and before I knew it I had several bags full of waste that will go to the dump on Saturday. I always enjoy going to the town dump. It seems as if getting rid of some things always feels like progress to me. Our town dump is well organized and they have all kinds of rules you need to follow. Sometimes it seems like it is just too hard to get rid of things.

In contrast, but relative to my point is the next statement. Have you ever considered your church to be a dump? We belong to a beautiful church and I am proud of what goes on there and what it stands for. But I believe that a church should act as a personal dump for all of us. 

In December I will be speaking on the elements of enjoying and celebrating Christmas. I will talk about forgiving others and how carrying a grudge is a sin. It is best to get the weight of that grudge off of your heart so you can celebrate Christmas and love others better. I am praying that the message I will be delivering hits hearts that need to forgive someone. I am hoping that the grudge is left in the church and does not go home to fester and soil the heart that holds on to it. I would love to see people leave early, even while I am speaking. I would love to see them go and seek those they should forgive or ask to be forgiven. Just dump those ugly feelings right there in the church. Can you imagine a church elder asking people to leave the service early to make amends with others and dumping that load right in the church, where the Holy Spirit will sweep it away freeing both parties from the pain of a grudge? Use the church and the service as a dump, act immediately on forgiving others. No one will mind!

Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment