Monday, November 7, 2022

Now The Light Can Shine In. 11/7/2022

 Good Morning,

I am awake and still adjusting to the time being out of synch with my body. It is time to taste the Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and then get serious about going to work. 

Psalm 18:28 For it is you who light my lamp. The Lord my God lightens my darkness. 


We had some heavy wind and rain come through our area on Saturday. The tree in front of our home is always slow to lose it's leaves in the fall. But the storm accelerated that process in a big way. Most all of the leaves are off of the tree now. 

The leaves being gone had a nice impact on our home. I didn't realize how much light the leaves block from the street light on the road in front of our home. This morning and yesterday morning I actually was able to walk downstairs without turning on the lights. It is like having a night light in the kitchen and it is free. 

I thought about this a little bit yesterday. The tree does block some useful lighting and now that the leaves are gone we can benefit from the extra light. Of course once the tree buds out in the spring the light will be blocked again, but the tree will then be providing shade for our home during the afternoons. 

I guess you could say that the tree is in synch with our needs. I see God in the seasons we enjoy in our part of the world. 

I tried walking those same stairs without the help of the added light a few times and it was not a feeling of security I enjoyed. Since I now have the city firnished night light, I see the folly of walking the stairs without light.  Once the leaves come back I vow to walk those stairs with some ligghts turned on. 

Life is the same way. We can choose to walk in the light of God or we can travel though life in the dark that satan provides. A dark path always has stumbling risks. A path that is well illuminated has less chance for us us to stumble. 

Food for thought,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment