Thursday, November 17, 2022

A Bundle Of Joy 11/17/2022

 Good Morning,

Tis morning I was ready to write after a little time was spent drinking some Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and some prayer. 

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart. and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. 


Yesterday we attended the life celebration (funeral service) for our neighbor. I was asked to officiate the service and it was an honor to do so. I found it hard to do just because you just couldn't help but love the guy and his family. So as we celebrated his old life and his new one in heaven I had two emotions going at the same time. I was very happy that his battle with ALS was over. Yet as I watched everyone with tear filled eyes, I too was mourning his loss. 

Prior to me speaking I stepped outside of the main room into a sitting area. There was a young lady there with a 1 year old little girl on her lap. The little girl had some kind of key ring in her hand and was enjoying playing with it. I said hello to her mother. The little girl was wearing a beautiful dress and just looked elegant. She was a cutie for sure. I we chatted for a minute. During that time her mom prompted her to speak and she mumbled hello in baby talk. I had been praying for God to hold me together so I could speak and conduct myself in a way that would let me deliver the eulogy without falling apart. When that little girl spoke, she also lit up the room with a big smile. 

I thought how to her, the world seemed perfect and she was enjoying a set of keys while sitting on her mother's lap. In her little eyes being with mom sitting on her lap was the bees knees. Silently I prayed for that mom and little girl and knew that the example set found in that sitting room was a good one to practice. 

Now and then my friends we just need to spend time like children in the arms of our Lord, secure and content just to be with Him.  We just need to be like little children and humble ourselves right to the lap of our Lord. And despite the circumstances we can just relish the time and smile. He holds the keys to peace during sadness. Unlock your heart and just be held by God. 

God bless,

Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment