Friday, November 11, 2022

Remembering All Veterans And One Special Guy To Me. 11/11/2022

 Good Morning,

I woke up on time, but chose to  chose to write a little later today. I wanted to see the morning sunrise first.  I am saluting this day with a hot mug of Door County Heroes Blend Coffee and I have my heart in the right place. 

Romans 13:7 Give to everyone what you owe them. If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue; then revenue; If respect: then respect; if honor; then honor.

I woke up in a warm home this morning and my bed was comfortable. I have some food in the freezer and my pantry is full. I can choose to stay home today or go wherever I want to, I live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  Today we honor all of our veterans, past and present. I am thankful for each and every one of them. 

As I grew up a long time ago as a family we celebrated all holidays. Of course Christmas and Easter were big ones for us kids. But I noticed at a young age that our dad took more time explaining three others. Christmas and Easter was left up to mom to explain. The 4th of July was our day to celebrate our nation's independence. Memorial Day was the day we honored those who served and died while serving.  Then there was Veterans Day and we learned to honor and appreciate those who served and are serving. This day meant a lot to our dad. I believe he considered serving in the Marine Corp was his greatest accomplishment. 


Today as I honor our veterans I have a tear n my eye for one from the past. If I could thank him again today, I would. Make sure to say thank you today to the veterans in your life and for those you meet along the way. Thank them every chance you get.  Thank you, brave men and women of America!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment