Friday, November 5, 2021

Speak The Truth 11/5/2021

 Good Morning, 

I should have been drinking some Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee by now. That isn't going to happen just yet. Someone forgot to set the coffee pot timer for 5:AM and that someone is me. I have only me to blame for a morning that doesn't have coffee yet.


Proverbs 11:14 For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisors. 

I thought about writing some thoughts on our nation, or any nation regarding the need for advisors who are in a position to give their thoughts to our leaders. But, I decided to talk about our families and personal lives for a moment. 

"Stay engaged and not enraged". Everyone has their own thoughts on a process or two. Ideas come and ideas go. Some people are experts in a field and there are those who are "experts in every field". They have an opinion on everything, and many times their opinion is not worthless, but it also did not need to be shared. My wife leaves me alone when it comes to projects around the house, yet I am smart enough to solicit her ideas before I start. Once started on a project she leaves me alone and only offers support when asked for. 

A house does need to be managed and the big things like purchases, major repairs, and health issues, might need a planning meeting, and continued discussion. But how to make toast is not needed unless it is your fourth grader's. first attempt at toast. 

Yes this nation of ours needs many advisors, but the home really doesn't need a board of advisors to make toast. This shows a need to have some control over everything and is not advising out of love. 

Food for thought!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment