Wednesday, November 3, 2021

As The Seasons Change 11/3/2021

 Good Morning,

The day began with prayer for a few people heavy on my heart. The house is warming up from a frosty beginning. It seems as if we had shut off our furnace somehow and I woke up to more than a chill. The Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee arrived right on time and is steaming next to me. 

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and do good as long as they live, 13. also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil, this is God's gift to man. 



There is no doubt that where we live you can easily notice when the seasons change. We are now deep into the fall and the leaves are falling from the trees faster now. The gardens have been laid to rest until next spring and the crock pots seem to be churning out more stews and soups and less pot roasts. Winter is just around the corner. Our trucks and cars now have a window scraper and a snow brush at the ready. Extra clothes hats and gloves have also been packed in the vehicles, for that "just in case" you need some experience. Wood has been hauled in for the fireplace and bare feet are really not seen much at all in the house. Thanksgiving Day is on our minds for now, but is being shadowed by the thought of Christmas being right behind it. 

Friends and family, seasons change and not just the weather. We too, go through seasons of change. A few years ago I barely thought much about retirement or Medicare. This February I turn 65 and am now researching my path for healthcare and medications. 

You can't stop fall from turning to winter. You can't stop your life cycle either. I believe I am in the "Fall" of my life cycle and it is still some years away from Winter. (God Willing)

So as the crock pot contents change with the season, we too change a little, but my advice is this, enjoy life to the fullest, roll with what it brings you and make the best of it. My favorite clothing pieces are the items I can wear when it is cold outside. I love warm hats, flannel lined jeans, wool socks,  sweaters or flannel shirts. But come spring, I will concede my favorite clothes for something more appropriate to warmer weather. 

May your coffee be hot, your crock pot full, and your heart beating for others. Let your walk be blessed from above and let the warmth of God near you, and keep you well.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment