Thursday, November 4, 2021

Don't Forget To Say Thank You 11/4/2021

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk sipping on a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee and watching our two dogs go back to sleep. I actually envy them today. 

Yesterday my wife Rene, was exceptionally busy and most of what she was doing were things that I needed assistance with. She hadn't felt very well on Tuesday, but she was making up for lost time on Wednesday. She had her list of chores and errands to run and she was hard at it all day.

Last night after we both sat down for the evening, I walked over to where she was sitting and reading and thanked her for all that she had done for me on a busy Wednesday. I also told her that her hard work was very much appreciated. I couldn't help but notice that huge smile from just being verbally thanked. She replied with " You as well. That chicken soup was just what I needed". 

Everyone likes to be appreciated and thanked. We have the power within us to bring a smile to a face just by thanking them. So today, if someone holds open a door for you, thank them. If you know someone is praying for you say thank you.

Proverbs 16:24 Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.

Proverbs 18:4 A person's words can be life giving water. 

Saying thank you is healthy for the recipient and for you as well. 

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: