Friday, November 12, 2021

Don't Worry Hon 11/12/2021

 Good Morning,

The sunrise is right around the corner and I am sitting in my den drinking a very hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. It is time to write.

Luke 6:31 And as you wish others would do to you, do so to them. 

Later this morning I will be pheasant hunting with our two dogs, getting some exercise and hopefully shooting supper. A person who hunts needs a backup plan for dinner, if the game doesn't come home with him or her. My backup to roasted pheasant is a pot of potato soup and some French bread. 

About a month ago, my mother in law asked my wife Rene if she was available this weekend to help her with her booth at a craft fair. Her mother still crochets items for sale and this weekend is a big craft fair event in her town. At 94 years old she does a marvelous job with her crafts and she usually sells out. But age now dictates that she have some help setting up and tearing down her stand of yarn. So my wife will be gone for most of the weekend. 

I found it funny when Rene asked me if I was ok with the plan. I do all the cooking and I can tell you that I will be hunting somewhere Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. At night the fireplace will be lit and the tv channel playing will not be "Hallmark". I foresee bacon in my diet and the dogs will be tired. I will be fine. 

She however did ask to let someone know where I will be hunting if I hunt alone. I will take care of that, so as to ease her mind. 

My point of the day is this. Although at times I believe she worries too much, it is nice to know someone does worry about me and I owe it to her to be responsible enough to just provide the information she wants. I will inform a buddy as to where I will be hunting and if he doesn't hear from me he knows where to look. I owe it to Rene to ease her mind. 

In relationships it is a give and take attitude that keeps the relationship healthy. It is the little give and takes that should become normal operating procedures and almost not given a thought once they become a habit. Taking the worry out of a weekend with her mother is the least I can do. And I just might save her some potato soup.

Have a great day. Be nice!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment