Monday, November 15, 2021

Dinner Was Great. The Time Spent Priceless 11/15/2021

 Good Morning,

Today began with a smile on my face and a prayer on my heart. It also started with a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Now it is time to write.

My wife Rene and I were invited to my brother's home for dinner last night. When asked what we could bring, he said "nothing" he had everything covered. I have always said that I really liked eating my brother's cooking, I was looking forward to dinner all day long. My brother also introduced us to a lady friend of his and right from the start of the evening we hit it off just like we knew her for years. Before dinner began this lady prayed and listening to her prayer was a refreshing moment in my day. The prayer was elegant yet simple and you could tell just from the prayer that her love for God was genuine. 

Ecclesiastes 9:7 Go eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do. 

I left, full from eating too much salmon, and yet I was content with being blessed with a great night. I am looking forward to more family dinners. It has been a long time since I ate a dinner with joy. If you are debating whether or not to accept a dinner invitation for Thanksgiving or Christmas, say yes and go. Don't be robbed of the experience of being with family. You just might have a dinner approved by God and the memories are priceless. Don't let another month go by without reuniting with family. If something has happened in the past, bury the hatchet, forgive and forget, and say "It's good to be here."

Enjoy life. It is too short not to,.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment