Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Joy, Comfort And Peace. Not Just A Commercial To Me 11/16/2021

 Good Morning,

My Door County Highlander Grog Coffee is plenty hot and I am ready to write. 

I am not one who watches too much television and if I do it is with a purpose. I don't turn the television on unless I am specifically going to watch something and right after that it gets turned off. But while watching a football game on Sunday, JC Penny aired a commercial that just stuck with me. It has neighbors, family and people you would meet in a store wishing each other to have Joy, Comfort, and Peace. It is now my favorite Christmas commercial.


When I think of Joy, I think of Jesus and how He desires His joy to die for our sins so we might share the joy of heaven with Him. John 15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. 

When I think of Comfort, I think of Jesus. He is the Great Comforter and no one can comfort us like the loving arms of Jesus. Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. 

When I think of Peace. I think about the One who is Peace. I think of Jesus. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Soon we will be approaching the Christmas Season and I for one will be hoping your hearts are full of Joy, Comfort and Peace. I hope you are filled with Jesus/

Have A Great Day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment