Thursday, November 25, 2021

Being Thankful In All Times 11/25/21

 Good Morning,

Our two dogs Gibbs and Leo are asleep right at my feet and a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is next to me. Today I have the coffee in a cup that was gifted to me years ago from people I am thankful to call friends. I doubt they even remember giving it to me. I drink from it on special occasions.


Our fireplace is crackling with a hardwood fire and the house is warming up nicely. It is so quiet right now, except for a few low flying flocks of geese flying over the house as they head South for the winter. 

My thoughts for this Thanksgiving Day are many. My mind is like a busy train station with trains coming and going. I have lots of thoughts going through my mind. They stop in for a moment and like a fast train they are gone again. 

The one that has stuck with me is this one. I for one have much to be thankful for and to count all my blessings is a joy. I have been married for 1000 years to a wonderful person. We have one parent left. We have a daughter and grandson who are doing well. We still have  siblings, nieces and nephews.  We have friends, our church, and income in these later years of ours. There is firewood stacked outside, food in the pantry and freezer. Two great dogs to help me hunt and amuse me. Our health is pretty good.  

Most of all, we know where these blessings come from and we want to say thank you to our God who loves us. 

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

We both know of the heaven that awaits us some day and having that reassurance is comforting during hard times and tragedy. 

My last thought for today is this. I am thankful for whoever reads this. I am thankful for you. I pray God blesses your day. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment