Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Open For Prayer 11/10/2021

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with some Door County Maple Coffee and my heart is set in the right direction to tackle the day.

Job 22:6  For then you will delight yourself in the Almighty, and lift your face to God. 

When we built our home in 1994 my wife Rene and I always said that this house belonged to God and that if at all possible it would be used for Him, if it was His desire. Over the years we have had the opportunity to join God in His work by using our home to serve others. On one occasion we made 600 biscuits with kids from our youth group for a church breakfast. I am pretty sure those days are behind us now.

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.

One thing I hope that never ends is that our home remains a house of prayer. We believe our home should be open 24/7 for people needing prayer. You could say it likens to a hospital emergency room. We are always ready to pray for anyone or pray with them anytime. I for one, don't have a lot of talent, but I consider it an honor to go before the Lord for others. There is usually a Bible handy near our phones and Scripture can easily be referenced and used if needed to help provide comfort to a person in need. The phone does ring now and then in the middle of the night. We don't mind at all. I have needed to make a call like that myself. 


Friends, I am not bragging about what we do. God get's all the glory for being willing to use two clowns like us. I am however challenging all of you to be willing to use your time, your talents, home or apartment for the glory of God. It somehow makes home sweet home a little sweeter.

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment