Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Pumpkin Pie And The Heart 11/24/21

 Good Morning,

My eyes tell me it is time to be awake, but the rest of my body is not on the same time schedule today. I just sat down with a hot mug of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee and now it is time to write.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds 

Our home state has been in the news just a little too much lately with a high profile murder trial that was politically charged with two sides with different opinions, and as of late, this Christmas parade tragedy. The impact of both has stretched far and wide, especially if you know of people who are suffering the loss of a family member. I was driving home from work when the news flashed that another person passed away yesterday from his injuries sustained from the parade mess. It just so happened that I was driving right past the hospital where many children are still fighting for their lives. I will admit to having a tear roll down my cheek as I prayed for his family and those healthcare workers taking care of him.


Last night my wife Rene asked if I thought we should forego Thanksgiving dinner in lieu of the tragedy. I gave it a thought for a moment and replied "no". I said "your mother is 94 years old, you just had your brother pass away. We couldn't gather safely last year. If mother is up to it, we need to gather and be thankful. We have much to be thankful for. Evil will not be allowed to ruin the day."

So sometime today the house will be filled with the aroma of pumpkin pie and apple pie in the oven baking to perfection. I for one will enjoy it. My mind will wander to happier days and I will rest on a couple of memories. I will pray again for those who cannot even taste pie or turkey because pain and sorrow have numbed their senses. I will pray for their hearts to heal. 

So tomorrow, if at all possible cherish the moments and let those around you know you are thankful for them and tell them they are loved. And if need be, have a little more whipped cream on your pie.

Love to all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment