Sunday, November 28, 2021

Reunion Time 11/28/2021

 Good Morning.

The wind is blowing pretty hard this morning and it didn't take me very long to discover that I wasn't dressed properly for the cold air this morning. Once our dogs decided that they were also cold, I retreated to the den with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and my thoughts.

Psalm 133:1 Behold how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity. 


Last night my wife Rene and I went to a small get together at a local restaurant with several old friends. We hadn't seen some of them for at least fifteen years. Two of our friends were visiting from Colorado, while the rest of us live relatively close to each other. We at times would see two or three of them as our professional lives crossed paths. But to have the old gang together was a great way to step into December. For us it was an early Christmas gift. We caught up on the in between years from the last time we were together. Kids are now in their twenties or more, and then a little talk about the grandchildren. Past antics were discussed and laughed about and I must say as for the two of us it was a great time. 

On the way home we talked about the fact that we have been blessed with good friends and there was a fact that I didn't think of but Rene did. "We all have aged for sure. But we are all still standing and no one has passed away. What a blessing!" was her comment. 

I thought about that comment last night and decided that Thanksgiving weekend really wasn't over and I was just shown another blessing to be grateful for. It was discussed that this needs to be an annual event when the two from Colorado come to town to visit family. It just takes a commitment to manage the calendar. Make time to visit with your old friends and laugh about the past and celebrate the "Now". It is good for the soul.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment