Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Thinking Too Hard 12/3/2019

Good Morning,

I will be without my usual cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee this morning due to some travel that  was unscheduled so I couldn't pack any coffee to take along. I will make up for it tomorrow.



Isaiah 55:8-9   8. "For My thoughts are not are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways"' declares the Lord. 9. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

My thought for the day is this. All too often we want to know why certain things happen to us. In many instances if the situation is one where knowing why gives glory to God we are blessed with the knowledge of why it occurred, but not always. Many times we spend too much energy looking for the why of a situation. It is best to deal with the issue or situation expending our energy on possibly getting better if for instance it is an illness that we are dealing with.

Very often the pursuit of  "why me" just adds more stress, more anxiety, inability to sleep, or loads us with anger. We need to accept what has happened and try harder to move on than to wallow in the quagmire of "why". We need to trust and allow God to do the thinking and follow His lead through the issue. If the answer to why comes, it comes.

Enough said for one day. I will let Scripture do the talking.  Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment