Monday, December 30, 2019

Land Mines In Your Own Yard 12/30/2019

Good Morning,

I am awake and that's about all I can say. For some reason my sleep was at best a hit and miss sporadic event instead of a deep rest. I just prayed and then poured myself a cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee. I am ready to write.

1 Thessalonians 4:11   You should aspire to live quietly and mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands as we instructed you,

My wife Rene and I have two English Springer Spaniels that are part of our family. They are most of the time a great joy to have with us. Having two dogs is a big responsibility and at times a lot of work. Our weather has been wet, not really cold, but wet. Yesterday is a perfect example. Because of the rain and lack of freezing temperatures I really needed to take the dogs for a hunt or a run. I did both and I knew that once they were in the field I would need to remove burrs, bathe and dry both dogs when I brought them home. It is just part of hunting. I usually do this with one dog at a time. But due to more impending rain I hunted them and trained them both. When we returned they were both a mess of epic proportions. The clean up was done and it was a chore. Both dogs were clean and happy from their big run.


Then while it was still daylight I was going to go outside into the yard and clean up their droppings (poop) or as I call them "land mines: which seem to chase me and attach themselves to my shoes. I got distracted and before too long it was too dark to have an impact of any good on the needed clean up. Later I noticed that Rene had taken both dogs out and when she came into the house I could smell the land mine that had attached itself to one of her shoes. DOG POOP had invaded our home. Rene was careful and removed her shoe. Then she disappeared into the laundry area and cleaned her shoe.

Here is the point. Right now our yard needs to be cleaned up. I know it and it will be done as quickly as can be once this weather freezes up again and it stops raining, But it is our mess. We own it and it needs to be cleaned up.  Now I am sure a neighbor or two is suffering the same plight. They need a yard clean up. By now you know where this is going. I should never point out the faults of a neighbor's yard if mine is in worse shape. I need to have a clean yard before I point out the land mines in other yards. Better yet, I need to mind my own business.

All too often people like to point out the issues of of others without owning their own and doing something about them. We all need a clean up now and then. We really need to examine our own lives before instructing or damning others.

Today's point is simple. Don;t be a busy body. Be a body that is busy tending his her own life.

Love to all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment