Monday, December 2, 2019

The Winds Of Change Blow Again .No Fear!12/2/2019

Good Morning,

I was happy to hear the Jingle Door County Jingle Bell Coffee begin to brew this morning. The aroma filled the house and it signaled a new beginning of a day and a change in my routine. Yesterday the lights went up on the Christmas tree so now it is time to embrace December with Christmas coffee.


I have been retired for just about three months now and that was a huge change in my life pattern and one that was hard to adjust to. If I were to grade myself on my ability to retire it would be a very low or close to failing grade. It wasn't too long after retiring that I knew I wouldn't make it very long as fully retired. So I started to look at what jobs might be out there with the hopes of finding one that offered part time hours.  God blessed me with a path to take, one with good pay and part time hours.

Philippians 4:6-7   NLT
6. Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. 7. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.

Today the winds of change begin. I will start this new adventure at noon. I will meet all of my new coworkers and learn a whole bunch of new things. This new job is outside of healthcare where I had become very comfortable navigating my way through each day. So it is on to new things, new ways, and new people.

I went to bed early last night, and before that I picked out my attire for the day. I wanted to be ready to greet this day and be prepared. I prayed about the new day before falling sound asleep and woke up refreshed but yet a little nervous. I prayed this morning and will pray as I travel to work. Whenever confronted with something new and possibly confusing it is my goal to pray through it.

God knows where He sent me for work. I need to make Him proud of how I handle this day and the future. I am His worker wherever I am and should work hard be on time and embrace people with love, dignity and respect at all times. I do not know where these winds of change will blow and in what direction. But I know I am not alone and God is only one prayer away from directing me with what I need to do,

He tells us not to fear and when nervous or afraid to pray.  I will follow His lead and and be all He wants me to be in this new environment.

He can and will do the same for you. Whatever you fear, face it with prayer and peace will come.

God bless,

Marty


2 comments: