Monday, December 23, 2019

No Blue Christmas For Me 12/23/2019

Good Morning,

Morning came and I wasn't shocked to see that it came early for me. I am embracing some serious prayer time this morning and enjoying a large cup of Door County Christmas Coffee. I have some thoughts to share on this fine day, so let's begin.

Luke 2:16  And they went with haste, and found Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus lying in a manager. 

Christmas is just about here. If you are still shopping for that perfect gift I do not envy you. We only have a few to shop for so it was easy to be done by December 1st. Tomorrow night being Christmas Eve in this part of the world will do a few of things to us. Don't stop reading here!


#1. Some people will get stressed out over the gathering in their home because something as trivial as a few lights burned out on the tree and now there is an "illumination bald spot" that everyone will see.  Big deal!!! It can be the conversation subject and a memory. Don't stress.

#2 Some will be surrounded by people and yet seem to be lonely. It could be that they are missing someone dear to them who cannot be there this year or will never be here again. This can bring anyone down. Friends engage the living, while you can. A fond memory of past Christmas gatherings is fine, but don't let it ruin this one and turn your day blue. Love those who are here.

#3 Some will decide to be a "poop" a pile of steaming dog do do and hang on to a grudge and ruin the celebration for everyone. This is a selfish attitude and is basically a self inflicted pity party. This is wrong in so many ways.

#4 Some will take the easy but sleazy way out and imbibe on too much alcohol to forget the past or to over to celebrate, or just be a lush. They will forget Christmas while they nurse a hangover. Wrong. They just lost a Christmas and probably ruined someone else's day.

#5 Some will attend church for various reasons. Some out of tradition, some just to keep up their semi annual perfect attendance of twice a year. Some will attend church wanting to keep Christ in Christmas and worship on this holy day. You choose, but the latter is best.

As for me. I choose to embrace some special time with God at church and in prayer. I will celebrate the living and hug those around me. I will call those who are far away.  I will remember those who can't or never will be here in moderation. I will eat a little too much. My goal is to make Christmas special to those I am with. I will surprise my wife with a gift that she is dying to know what it is. I will forgive those who have been a pain in the rear end  this year and enjoy a day given to us by God to celebrate His gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.  I will not have a blue Christmas! I will have a blue Christmas if I make it all about me. This would be the wrong way to go,

Praying for all of you. No blue Christmas for you either.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment