Thursday, December 26, 2019

Shine Through It 12/26/2019

Good Morning,

We are back at it for  few more days until we take off again to celebrate the New Year. I just poured a cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java and it is tasting very good right now.



I was thinking about  a simple subject and then found that I needed to scold myself. So I believe the lesson I was striving to write was more for me that anyone else.  I really took a good look at my circle of influence and when I looked, I found that in one area I am failing most of the time.

Philippians 2:14-15
14.  Do everything without grumbling or complaining, 15. so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them as stars. 

I realized that all too often when I have the opportunity to lead my family, ministry or friends I let them down by complaining about anything or everything. This does not promote an attitude of assurance in my leadership. All too often, complaining when it is allowed to fester leads to arguments. Being a complainer or a grumbler lowers the opinion that others have of us. When we complain and grumble we promote negativity in ourselves and those around us. We are not good leaders.  I visited a young lady in the hospital on Tuesday. She has suffered with major ailments for years and years. She was a pleasure to visit. Her attitude was positive and if anyone has the right to complain she does. Yet she smiled at me and asked how I was doing. Never once did she complain. There was so much strength in her silence that I was immediately ashamed when I complained about the dampness I was experiencing.

Friends, we need to curb our whining and complaining. Check the grumbling at the door and don't carry it with you. Shine like a star and pull through it giving light to others instead of the darkness of despair and grumbling.

Have a great day.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment